Sunday, May 2, 2010

Cream Colored Cotton circa 1940




Dear Friends,

I bought this dress in Leesburg, VA at The Black Shutter three years ago and I’ve been trying to get back there ever since!

I wore this lovely relic last Friday night at our show in Thomas, West Virginia at The Purple Fiddle.

VINTAGE DETAILS
*Fabric: cream colored cotton, with beautifully colored print
*Cut: high waist and A-line skirt
*Hem: just below the knee
**Wow Factor: PINK SPARKLY buttons all the way down the front, quilted collar and cuffs, and pockets to boot!

Pair with a pale blue linen belt and trusty neutral heels and you’ve got a classic look.

Thanks for reading friends.

Sincerely,
Nora Jane

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nora Jane! I was there at the Purple Fiddle last Friday night. My grandson danced and we sure enjoyed the show. You were lovely in the pale dress! I know you were headed to Nashville- I pray the flood waters did not harm you and yours. Looking forward to another show somewhere- Dawn

    ReplyDelete