Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Red is Best




Dear friends,

You may recognize this red late-50's number from my first music video for the song "One Notch Tighter"...if you don't recognize it from that you can find the video on youtube here: One Notch Tighter :)

Anyway, I made that video over a year ago and I don't think I'd worn the dress since...that is...until Bearfoot's show in Grand Forks, North Dakota. I recently decided that for performing on a stage, red is absolutely the best color, so I have started both searching for beautiful red dresses on my vintage shopping excursions and utilizing the red dresses I already own.

The fabric of this dress is a neat texture; it sort of reminds me of a muslin Indian scarf. There is a broach-like fabric design on the chest and the best part?...there is a muff-like pocket in the front--it's like a pouch. (you can sort of see it in the third photo.) I feel rather kangaroo-ish when wearing it. :)

Thanks for reading friends!

Sincerely,
Nora Jane

1 comment: